Green Chili Corn Dip ~ Fresh grilled corn, fire roasted green chilies, lots and lots of cheese make for one intensely amazing dip.
I wanted to take them home and make something wonderful with those grilled pieces. The difficult decision was what to make and to not just reheat them and eat them straight. I had to exercise serious self-control. After much soul-searching, I decided to make a corn dip.
Green Chili Corn DipPrint
- 6 cups of grilled corn kernels (about 7 ears)
- 1-7 oz can fire roasted diced green chilies
- 3/4 cup green onions; finely diced-divided
- 7 oz . Monterey Jack or pepper Jack cheese; grated and divided
- 1-14.5 oz . can petite diced tomatoes
- 2 tbsp . half and half
- 1 tsp . granulated garlic
- Salt and pepper; to taste
- In a mixing bowl, add kernels from two ears of corn (about 11/2 cups of corn) and the half and half.
- Puree until the kernels are blended.
- The mixture will still be slightly chunky.
- Add the puree to a saucepan along with the remaining corn, green chilies, 6 oz. of cheese, 1/2 cup of green onions, garlic, salt, and pepper.
- Over medium heat, stir the ingredients together.
- As the cheese begins to melt, stir continuously for about a minute; then add the canned tomatoes with the juices.
- Taste for salt and pepper and add more if needed.
- Remove from heat.
- Add the corn to a medium-sized casserole or baking dish.
- Top with the remaining ounce of cheese and 1/4 cup green onions.
- Cover with foil and bake for twenty minutes at 350°.
- Remove the foil and allow the dip to continue to bake for an additional five minutes.
- Take the dip out of the oven and allow it to cool for about five minutes.
- Serve with your favorite chips.