I’m Laurie from Food is Love Recipes. While Michelle is away enjoying some family time and her Sister’s wedding shower, I was given the opportunity to sneak in and write for you. This is my chance to share one of my favorite things to make when it’s quiet and easy at home.
Hope you enjoy my recipe for Spring Fresh Quiche!
Farmer’s Market Spring Fresh Quiche
Recipe by Laurie Alves
Spring Fresh Quiche
- 2 cups Fresh Baby Spinach (julienned)
- 1/2 cup Red Onion chopped finely
- 1/2 cup Red Bell Pepper chopped small
- 4 oz Goat Cheese (crumbled or pulled apart into small pieces)
- 6-8 Large Fresh Eggs
- 1 cup - 1 1/2 cups Whole Milk or Half and Half
- 2 tsp Herb de Provence (use any mixture of fresh herbs or Michelle's Italian Seasoning Blend.
- 1/4 cup Parmesan Cheese for top.
- 1 Pie Crust (I use frozen, but if you'd like to make it from scratch, be my guest)
Pre-heat oven to 400 degrees.
Place the pie crust in it's pan, on a Baking sheet (in case of spillage)
Place the spinach, the peppers and the onion into the center of the uncooked pie crust.
Top with darts of the goat cheese.
Beat together the Eggs, Milk and the herbs of choice.
Keeping aside 1/4 cup of the mixture then, pour remaining mixture over the veggies inside the crust. Top with a sprinkling of the parmesan cheese.
Brush the crust with the egg mixture you kept aside.
Place in the oven and bake for 45 - 55 minutes or until center is set and crust is golden brown.
Serve with Fresh Salad or nice crusty bread and a Glass of Wine! Enjoy!