From start to finish, this meal took me 8 minutes to make, and that includes prep-time. In fairness, I had half an onion ready to be sliced that was left over from a dish earlier. Slice the onion up, dice the salami, open a few cans, peel the skin from a single clove of garlic, and go! I wrote “salt to taste” in the directions below, but I did not add any. The canned beans and tomatoes, with the salami had enough salt for my palate. However, we all have different palates where salt is concerned, so add some if you like.
Salami'd Green Beans
- 1 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 medium onion; thinly sliced
- 1 clove garlic; minced/grated
- 4 oz salami; diced
- 2 cans green beans; drained
- 1 can tomatoes
- 1/2 tsp dried oregano
- 2-3 large pinches of red pepper flakes; +/- to taste
- Black pepper/Salt; to taste
- Parmesan cheese
- In a skillet or pan, add the olive oil and heat over medium-high heat.
- Add the onions and cook for 2 minutes.
- Add the garlic and cook an additional minute.
- Do not let the garlic burn.
- Stir in the diced salami, cooking it for a minute.
- Add the green beans, tomatoes, oregano, red pepper flakes, and black pepper.
- Mix gently and cooking for 2 minutes.
- Pull off the heat, top with Parmesan cheese and serve.