This post is sponsored by Bumble Bee Tuna. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
We were recently in Southern California to visit with my grandparents. This wasn’t our typical fun-in-the-sun trip (although my now over-two-week-old sunburn begs to differ), we had gone to visit and see where we could help out.
Eating out is great. Eating out in SoCal is even greater. Each trip out there, I always get in a couple of my favorites places, after that, it’s home cooking, comfort food style. However, this trip was more eating out than eating all my favorite childhood comfort foods.
Once the kid and I got home, I was ready to cook again. School was to start in a couple of days, so it was time to get back into a routine. School has now started and we’re paying for our laid back summer schedule. Alarm clocks, homework, strict bedtime; it’s all hitting us with a vengeance. But slowly we’re getting adjusted to the new normal, or is it the old normal? Either way, we’re settling in.
Once Elizabeth gets home from school, has a snack, relaxes or plays for a bit, and her does homework, it’s dinner time. That means I need healthy, but tasty dinners fast. In my book, you can never have too many 30 minute meals. And the only thing I love more than 30 minute meals is 30 minute meals using pantry staples.
The ingredients for this Quick Tuna Curry are probably in your cupboards and crisper now. Dice up some bell peppers and onions, grab the spices, open up the coconut milk, tomatoes, and tuna and you’re in business.Now if you’re wondering why tuna, why not? Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna adds many nutrients to this or any recipe, including lean protein, healthy fat, and important vitamins and minerals, plus it has a firm texture, light color, and fresh taste. Basically, using Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna allows me to have a healthy protein in the fraction of the time, making 30 minutes meals less than 30 minute meals-and who doesn’t love that?
Quick Tuna Curry
- 1-12 oz can Bumble Bee® Solid White Albacore Tuna; well-drained
- 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion; diced (about 1 cup)
- 2 bell peppers; diced
- 4 cloves garlic; minced/grated
- 1-14.5 oz can diced tomatoes
- 1 cup coconut milk
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1/2 tsp chili powder +/- to heat-taste
- 1 tsp cumin
- 1/4 tsp coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground ginger
- 1/2 tsp turmeric
- 1/3 tsp salt +/- to taste
- 1/4 tsp black pepper +/- to taste
- Cooked basmati rice
- Fresh chopped cilantro to garnish (optional)
- Open and strain the tuna until completely drained.
- Measure the spices, together or separately; set aside.
- Heat a large pan/skillet on medium high, once hot, add the oil.
- Add the onions and cook for 3 minutes or until they begin to soften.
- Add the garlic and bell peppers, and cook for an additional 2-3 minutes.
- Add all the spices, mix into the onions and peppers, allow to bloom.
- Once fragrant, add the tomatoes and cook until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Add the coconut milk, mix well and reduce heat to medium and cook down to desired thickness; 5-7 minutes.
- After the curry has reached the desired consistency, reduce heat to low and gently fold the tuna in.
- Serve over hot basmati rice and garnish with optional cilantro; enjoy.
Bumble Bee® offers responsibly wild caught Albacore that’s delicious, versatile, high in protein, and absolutely perfect as the main ingredient in any meal, just like this Quick Tuna Curry. Swapping out your regular protein for tuna is an easy and delicious way to make your old recipes new again. Which family favorite 30 minute meal can you update, showing Only Bumble Bee Albacore Will Do™? For more recipe ideas, you can check out their website.
I was selected for this opportunity as a member of Clever Girls and the content and opinions expressed here are all my own.