This was a fun experience because I get to share more of myself with you, but not just about my life in the kitchen. You might have suspected I was quirky, but here’s additional proof, if you needed it. I look forward to reading what each of my nominees write.
2. I love the tic of a clock and the sound of jets high above me piercing the sky, both stemming from sounds at my maternal grandparents’ house. My grandma has dozens of clocks in the house and their house is beneath a “lane” for arriving planes (even though they are 30 minutes from the airport.)
3. I love dogs but have two cats. Phantom and Maka the Famous
6. Technically, I was a boy scout. I was a Police Explorer as a teen, which is part of the BSA but open to girls as well.
7. I shaved the back of my head when I was a freshman in high school and my parents never knew until I told them at age 21.8. I used to work in a hearing aid office; I have cleaned more than my fair share of ear wax from both hearing aids and actual EARS!
9. I love the early morning; there is a particular smell, sound, and softness to it, but hate actually getting up to enjoy it.
10. I have a degree in history; ancient history is beyond fascinating to me.
11. I have six siblings, all younger. One brother and one sister were born two days apart, (Sept 5th and Sept 7th)…but to different mothers. My parents divorced after I was born and remarried others.
Here are the questions that Anita asked me:1. What book did you enjoy most as a child?
A Little Princess by Frances Hodgson Burnett. This book fueled my imagination.
2. What surprises people about you?
That I was once morbidly obese, tipping the scales at 310 pounds.
3. Your favorite meal, breakfast, lunch or dinner, and what is the usual menu?
4. Do you collect anything? If so, what?
5. Why do you like blogging?
I love the ability to write freely, not within the confines of academia or in attempt to write the Great American Novel. Writing about my cooking is a natural fit. Cooking has been something I have loved since I was a 11 years old, a year older from when I discovered my love for writing.
6. What is your favorite time of day?
That magical hour when the dishes are done, the lights in the house have dimmed, my daughter has gone to bed and it’s just perfectly still and quiet, and I know my day is done. Now, when that magical hour is, is different each day, sometimes 8, sometimes midnight.
7. What activity do you really enjoy out of doors?
Swimming. Not the laps up and back in the pool but just splashing about, playing games, and having fun. I can spend hours and hours in the water.
8. What makes you smile easily?
Bodies of water, flowers, and my daughter.
9. What is your main goal as a blogger?
To continue to push and challenge myself in terms of eating healthy while feeling satisfied. I want to learn more about international cuisines and incorporate those flavors in my own cooking while sharing my stories.
10. What surprised you about blogging?
The behind the scenes stuff. I thought I cooked, wrote, photographed, published, and called it a day. I had no idea about SEO, page views, backlinks, etc. I still don’t have a clue about most of it.
11. Finish the sentence … Food is….
An opportunity to explore the world from within my own kitchen.
Questions for the nominees
3. What’s one food you wish you liked, but just don’t?
4. If you could meet any fictional character, who would it be and why?
5. If you could turn back time, what is one thing you’d like a “do-over” on?
6. Describe your perfect relaxing evening.
7. Have you named your car, if so, what is it named?
8. Hot Dogs: guilty pleasure, disgusting, or _______ ?
9. What would you be doing if you weren’t blogging (or are you doing in addition to blogging)?
10. What was the last book you read?
11. What is your first memory?