Here is the menu we’ve published thus far:Drinks: Jennifer at Milk and Honey shared Palomas
Bread: Derik at House of Bakes shared Garlic Bread Rolls
Appetizer: Janelle at Bakes in Slippers shared Spicy Roasted Chickpeas with Lemon Aioli
With it being summer and my part of the country being in a near 100° heat wave, hot soup just didn’t sound appealing. Then, a few days ago, my cherry dealer called asking if I needed a new fix, in the form of apricots. I jumped at the chance. A bushel of apricots, a soup needing to be made, a heat wave all melded in my mind nicely and the idea for Apricot Gazpacho was born.
Over the years I have had many different types of gazpacho but none made with fruit. I felt so brazen using apricots. This sweet little stone fruit was about to get a makeover like its never known. The results…downright delicious. It was sweet but slightly spicy with the red jalapeño and the layers of flavors were deep and profound. I am waxing poetic about a soup, a cold soup nonetheless, but after one bite, you will be too.
Salad: Sarah at The Chef Next Door shared Arugula, Pear, and Raspberry SaladMain Dish: Trisha at The Lazy Mom’s Cooking Blog shared Crock Pot Spaghetti Bolognese
Dessert: Loriann at Casa de la Cargill shared Fruit and Goat Cheese Tart
Dessert: Katie at Pearls + Girls shared Almond Lace Napoleons
Digestivo : Rene at My Simple Kitchen shared After Dinner Coffee Cocktail
Ready to blend
- 2 lbs . apricots; pitted (about 10-12 medium sized or 18-20 small sized)
- 1 red jalapeño; deveined and deseeded (or not if you like it spicy)
- 2 plump garlic cloves (or 4 smallish ones)
- 1/2 cucumber; peeled
- 4 tbsp . fresh basil; plus more for garnish
- 2 tbsp . honey wine vinegar (apple cider vinegar will work as well)
- 1/2 red onion
- 2 tbsp . extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 – 3/4 cup water (depending on how thick you like your soup)
- Salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup feta cheese +/-
- Add all ingredients, except the feta, to a blender or food processer.
- Blend until smooth.
- Chill for an hour or more in an airtight container.
- When serving, garnish with chopped fresh basil and feta cheese.