Apricot Mint Iced Tea ~ Fresh brewed black tea steeped with just picked apricots and mint for a refreshing beverage when beating the heat. With the summer sun radiating and the mercury rising, there is nothing more refreshing than a glass of iced tea. Ever since I was a kid I have loved iced tea. We didn’t always brew it from teabags. Growing up my mom used the powdered/crystalized stuff with sugar and lemon added. Even writing about it now makes me nostalgic for it. I would open the lid off the can and stick my freshly sucked on finger deep into it and lick it right off. I can’t believe I have admitted to this act. I don’t think my mom reads my blog, so I am safe.
Apricot-Mint Iced Tea
- 6 cups water
- 8 black tea teabags
- 10 apricots; halved and de-pitted
- 1/2 cup fresh mint leaves
- 1 tsp . vanilla
- 1/2 cup simple syrup (optional)
- In a large pan, bring the water to a boil.
- Once it is boiling, remove from heat and steep the teabags for about 8 minutes.
- Remove the teabags.
- Add the apricots and mint to a large pitcher.
- Pour in the hot tea and add the vanilla.
- If using simple syrup, add that as well.
- Give it a good mix and allow the tea to sit for an hour.
- Then refrigerate and serve when ready.