This shop has been compensated by Collective Bias, Inc. and its advertiser. All opinions are mine alone. #WhatsYourRanch #CollectiveBias
Carne Asada Pizza with Avocado Ranch – Traditional pizza dough with carne asada, grilled green onions, pico de gallo, and queso fresco with Hidden Valley Ranch Avocado as a creamy sauce.
If you’ve spent any time on my blog, followed me for a bit, you know I have a thing for pizza. Pizza is no longer a slab of bread, some sauce, cheese, and pepperoni. Pizza is like Pretty Woman, it can be anything you want it to be.
Yes, I realize I have dated myself with a Julia Roberts movie reference from 1990, but it really is a classic. Any true Julia fan will have seen that movie-numerous times.
I should apologize to pizza. I still love you, you slab of bread with sauce, cheese, and pepperoni.
Ok, glad we’re friends again. Pizza can be simple and it can be artisan. One is no longer restricted to solely using Italian ingredients. So that’s why when I was at Smith’s grocery store and saw this new line of Hidden Valley Ranch dressings, I thought pizza. Sure, I thought salad too, but my very next thought was pizza.
I had a few new choices before me and I actually stood there and wrote, in my mind, a pizza recipe for each new flavor. In the end, Avocado Ranch won out because I dreamt up a carne asada pizza with fresh pico de gallo (or salsa fresca), grilled green onions, and queso fresco.
When I was younger, I thought making pizza was laborious. And while I don’t mind slaving over a hot stove from time to time, I have learned pizza making is a quick endeavor-after the dough is done, and that is even near effortless (said the dough-challenged woman.)
The flavors on this pizza were amazing. The Avocado Ranch dressing was a perfect creamy pizza sauce to the grilled meat and green onions, the fresh pico de gallo added brightness, and the queso fresco, well do I even need to describe what cheese does?
This pizza is the culmination of my Italian and Mexican heritage slamming into one another in one tasty meal. Don’t be surprised if while you are eating it your hands start waving a slice all around while you talk really fast and loud.
Carne Asada Pizza with Avocado RanchPrint
- Pizza Dough
- Carne Asada; cut into pieces
- Pico de gallo
- 1 bottle Hidden Valley Ranch-Avocado
- Queso Fresco
- Grilled Green Onions
- Make pizza dough or use a pre-made dough.
- Roll it out to make personal size pizzas and line the edges of the crust with olive oil.
- Add 2 tsp of Avocado ranch to the center, spreading it to meet the olive oil border.
- Add 5-7 pieces of carne asada.
- Cut the grilled green onions to fill the spaces between the beef.
- Bake the pizza:
Outdoor Pizza Oven
- Place the pizza in the oven, towards the back, it will cook in about 2 minutes, but watch it, and move it half way through closer to the front of the oven.
Indoor Oven with Pizza Stone
- Preheat the oven to 400° and allow the stone to preheat for at least 10 minutes.
- Assemble the pizza and slide it onto the stone in the oven.
- Bake for 10-15 minutes or until it has reached the desired doneness.
- Once the pizza has baked, sprinkle queso fresco all over the top and add the pico de gallo.
- Slice and serve.
Be sure to check out the other amazing Hidden Valley Ranch #WhatsYourRanch recipes on their website. What’s you new favorite Ranch?